Hoylake Golf Club is situated on Carr lane off the A553 between Hoylake and West Kirby, 10 minutes from Junction 2 of the M53 and less than 1 hour from Manchester International Airport.

We are close to Hoylake railway station (Merseytravel line). From Southport follow A565 to Liverpool. From Preston follow A59 to Liverpool. From Leeds and North Manchester region follow M62 to Liverpool.


In Liverpool, follow signs for Wallasey (Kingsway) Tunnel and then take M53 signposted Chester and North Wales. Leave M53 at Junction 2, follow A551 to Moreton and then A553 to Hoylake. Turn left at the roundabout in Hoylake (railway station is on the left) and the Club is 400 yards along on the right.

From South Manchester and Airport, follow M56 (Chester and North Wales). At Junction 15 transfer to M53, signposted Birkenhead, exit at Junction 2 and follow directions above. From Chester take A540 signposted Hoylake - in approximately 18 miles pass through West Kirby (railway station on right) and the Club is 400 yards along on the right

Address: Carr Lane, Hoylake, Wirral, England, CH47 4BG


Contact Us


Membership at West Hoyle Golf Club is open at the present time, all golfers are welcome to apply, a proposer and a seconder from the club is preferred but not essential. if successful you will be invited to attend a formal meeting with the membership Committee, then on their approval you will be come a welcome member of our Club.


There is an annual subscription of £90 for full members and £69 for seniors. There is currently NO additional joining fee. The subscription includes:

Membership of The "98 Club (the body responsible for administering the private bar facilities)

The fee required by the Cheshire and the English Golf Unions for associate membership (to enable you to hold a recognized handicap)

The prime tee time pre-booking fee demanded by the Borough Council

The general running of the Club.

A small competition entry fee is levied whenever you take part in a Club competition, along with an optional ball sweep. This usually amounts to a total of £3.


Competition Procedure

There are certain things you must do when playing in a club competition.


Before Playing

Sign the Competition Sheet in the Competition book in the locker room

You must sign this in order to be in the competition.

You must also pay the nominal entry fee, usually £3. Place the £3 in the envelope provided, sign your name on the envelope and place the envelope in the competition box.

The Competition book will give the relevant details of the days competition.

It is the responsibility of the Competition secretary only to maintain the Competition book

Green fees must be paid to the Professional, who will then issue you with a stamped scorecard.

After Playing

At the end of your round you must check that your marker has recorded your score and that you agree with his figures. Any query should be sorted out and then make sure that both yourself and your marker sign the card.

The Club now uses new technology to record the player’s scores. In the clubroom a computer has been installed for the members to record their scores. At the end of the day the computer calculates the changes to your handicap, and it also keeps details like eclectic scores. Once you have entered your score into the computer you must place your completed and signed card in the competition box.

Remember it is your responsibility to check your scores are correct, and that your card is placed in the box. It is a rule of golf that any card taken out in competition MUST be returned for handicapping purposes.

In addition ...

It is always a good idea to check the notice boards before going out to play as there maybe one relevant to the days competition. The notice board is also the means by which Club members are kept up to date with the every day business and announcements of events. It is strongly recommended that you look at the board at least once a week. Many things will not change but there may be a new notice that needs attention.


It is the possession of a handicap that is recognized by the Cheshire Union and the CONGU that enables you to play in many open competitions that are held all over the UK and the world.

If you are joining from another club and that club is GONGU recognized then it is simply a matter of transferring your handicap via the 2 Handicap Secretaries. If you are joining us as a second club and wish for your handicap to remain at the other (home) club then it is your responsibility to report any scores to your home club and to notify the second club of any change of handicap (this need only be done when your handicap changes by one or more full shots).